Friday, June 17, 2011

Sonja Morgan Doesn’t Understand Why She’s $19 Million In Debt



Hollywoodlife.com:
The Real Housewives of New York City star Sonja Morgan is facing a huge financial crisis in her life — $19 million in debt to be exact, for a lawsuit that she’s currently battling. But Sonja doesn’t understand why she owes that much money, and her co-star Jill Zarin tries her hardest to lay it out plain and clear for Sonja to see. But Sonja’s still lost.


“How are you?” Jill asks Sonja.


“It’s one thing to be a single mom and fighting a divorce, and it’s another thing to be fighting half of L.A. now with my movie producer sued,” she admits. “It just goes. It’s business disputes.”


Jill wants to know what’s going on with the lawsuit that has Sonja so upset. “Can you tell me what happened?” she questions.


“I don’t know,” Sonja fesses. “I need to learn myself and that’s why I have lawyers who are showing me. The stuff that I’m reading in the paper though, I don’t know where the $19 million in debt comes, because I know exactly what I owe. I owe a couple of lawyers and I have the judgement.”


This revelation stuns Jill. “How could she not know that she’s $19 million in debt?” she tells the cameras. “If that was me, I would know every single document that I ever signed and I would know exactly what I’m being sued for. I feel like that may be part of the reason that Sonja is in trouble.”


“I don’t have any outstanding debts,” continues Sonja. “I have a couple lawyers’ bills, nothing big. But I don’t have a huge debt.”


Jill attempts to clarify the situation for Sonja. “I thought you did because of the judgement. That’s the difference when you look at your assets and liabilities,” she points out. “When you add on your assets of $12 million and you add on that liability of $7 million, that’s where the 19 comes from. I think that’s where they got it.”


Sonja still seems perplexed.


“I don’t think it was the proper time to talk about Sonja’s finances,” Sonja complains to the cameras. “Really not your business to get into detail other than what you read in the newspaper.”

No comments:

Post a Comment