Thursday, January 13, 2011

"The Providence Journal" Interviews Bethenny Frankel


Projo.com:
The last few years have been good to Bethenny Frankel. The natural foods chef starred on two hit Bravo shows –– “The Real Housewives of New York City” and her own “Bethenny Getting Married?” –– wrote two popular diet books, scored countless endorsement deals, launched the low-cal cocktail Skinnygirl Margarita, and, oh yeah, met the man of her dreams and had a baby at age 40.


As if she didn’t have enough to do, this week the reality star kicks off a 13-city speaking tour, during which she’ll discuss how she seemingly does it all (also expect gossip about the out-there women of “Real Housewives”). Below are some highlights of a recent chat with Frankel. She’ll also be taking questions Saturday at her “Skinnygirl Night Out” event at Providence’s Veterans Memorial Auditorium.


Q: Why’d you decide to take your show on the road?


A: I wanted to have more of a dialogue with my fans, to talk to them about the show and what my life is about. I’ve started conversations with so many women about things like weight loss, men and balance at book signings, but this is a better forum for discussion.


Q: From reality shows to endorsements to launching your own products, you have so much going on. Do you ever turn anything down?


A: I realized I took on too much with “Skating with the Stars.” I have started turning things down, and I have to do more of that. You don’t want to dilute yourself and your message. It’s funny because my new book [coming out in March] is called “A Place of Yes.” A lot of it is about how at 40 I found someone and got pregnant, and how I have this career, and I’ll talk about that on Saturday.


Q: With so many different projects, how do you define your career?


A: I suppose I’d say I’m a natural foods chef, author and TV personality. I solve problems for women.


Q: Your show “Bethenny Getting Married?” drew a large audience. Why do you think people like watching you?


A: I’m pretty truthful. People want to watch someone going though something they’re going through. They might feel a little better if they see someone else struggling with breastfeeding, for example. I may be wearing diamonds, but people see that my life isn’t all that glam.


Q: How well do the shows –– “Real Housewives of New York City,” “Bethenny Getting Married” reflect who you really are?


A: One hundred percent. More so with “Bethenny Getting Married?” because it’s really my life. With “Real Housewives,” everything that happens is true, but I met the other women through the show. We’re not really friends, so the nature of me being with them is less plausible. 
RELATED: That Movie EXISTS?!: 'Hollywood Hills 90028,' Starring 'Real Housewives' Alum Bethenny Frankel

No comments:

Post a Comment