Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Kandi Burruss Goes On The Road


WCMG.com:
Kandi Burruss left the music group Xscape to pen hits for many artists, winning a Grammy and multiple awards along the way. Following the Real Housewives of Atlanta on Bravo Television, she now drops an album called Kandi Koated. Windy City Times met her at the club to find out why she is so sweet.


Windy City Times: Hi, Kandi. What a fun party and I am not tardy!


Kandi Burruss: I like your candy necklace.


WCT: Thanks. Is it weird for you to watch the Xscape videos like they have on the televisions behind us at this place?


Kandi Burruss: Yeah, it caught me off guard when I first walked in. I was like, "Whoa!" It threw me off. I didn't know they were going to be playing videos from the first album.


WCT: That's wild.


Kandi Burruss: I always tell people that I was growing up when we first came out so when I see pictures and videos to me that's like looking at a high school yearbook. If everyone saw your high school picture how would you feel?


WCT: Embarrassed. I was a nerd in high school! You have been such a big songwriter for so long, writing such hits as "No Scrubs" for TLC, several for Destiny's Child and "There You Go" for Pink.


Kandi Burruss: I did. I wrote songs for other people for so many years.


WCT: How does it feel to do your own thing now?


Kandi Burruss: It feels good. For a while I thought I wasn't going to get that opportunity again. So it is really a blessing to be back doing my thing. I see so many artists come and go. So I know it's not just a given that you get to do that. It doesn't just happen like that. I am really happy and blessed to be able to come back again after all this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment