Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jill Zarin: Alex Wants To Make Herself Important To Stay On The Show


TVGuide.com: Was your surprise visit to the beach house as awkward as it came across on TV?Jill Zarin: It was 100 times worst in real life. And that's hard for me to say because I've never been in a situation like that. I felt like I walked into a firing squad. Thank God, I had Bobby with me, because I wasn't prepared for that. I mean, I knew I wasn't getting along with Bethenny, that's one of the reasons I went — to try to make up with her. But I think had Alex not cared whether I stayed or left, I could have gotten past it. But for whatever influence Alex has over Ramona right now worked. 

TVguide.com: What do you think was the deal with Alex?
Jill: Alex wants to make herself more important on the show, and I totally respect that. And this was her way of doing it. This was her way of creating a place for herself to stay on the show. Without the drama of what she's been doing, she really doesn't have a place on the show. In the finale, you'll see there's a moment with Alex where she wants to talk to me. I just remove myself from it. I have nothing against her, I'm just not going to give her another shot at me since her history with me is to attack me unprovoked. I've done nothing to her. In the first two seasons I was the only one who supported her, and now all of a sudden she found this voice and wants to attack me.
Here's where I agree and disagree with Jill. Alex McCord by herself is pretty boring and she clearly doesn't do well around drama as we've seen this season. When confronted Alex gets easily intimidated and flustered, her sense of humor is pretty corny and frankly speaking when she's around the other women it's easy to forget Alex is even in the room. On the other hand Alex hasn't lasted this long on RHONY because of Alex, it's her husband Simon and their precocious kids that's kept me entertained and we really haven't seen much of them this season. I don't know if Bravo execs made a conscious effort to film Alex by her lonesome or what, but I always thought Alex was more a "package deal" compared to the other women. Sure Simon's an oddball, but that's exactly why he's interesting and as we've seen since season 1, their kids could have their own TV show. Jill's hating on Alex because she's an easy target and because it's never about Jill pointing the finger at herself, but on the other hand about Alex wanting to feel more "important" on the show, she may have a point.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa, Jill had alot to say about Alex's children. Jill was shocked that Alex did speak which Jill said Don't you ever speak to me that way! Jill said Alex never belonged, to whom should she belong??? Jill has been gossipy this season, it backfired didn't it? Bethanny had tried 3 times to clear things up, that we saw. The last was Bethanny on the sidewalk in a red dress and crying. Jill put her on speaker phone to share with th EX-countess. 9th graders weren't they? Kelly is Jill's project, but since the St John craziness Jill and Lulu has stepped away from that looney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand Alex! During the after show interview she has this little smirk on her face the ENTIRE time!!!
    I dont approve of Jill's actions/conduct this season...however, everyone makes mistakes & she has taken responsibility for the things she has done. However, Alex seems to think she is this perfect mother, wife, & friend which she is not. Do you guys remember the way her kids behaved (like animals)!!! In regard to Jill's comments about her kids crawling up someone's legs...she was laughing & I really didnt see any harm in the things she said. Alex's crazy, out-of-control & UNDISCIPLINED kids probably did do that & more! I just think Alex is a FAKE. It's so funny to me that Alex's new besties (Ramona & Bethanny) are the 2 who used to talk about her/hubby & kids the most.
    Alex - right now they are your friends & I'm sure you feel really great teaming up on Jill with them...however, I am sure your time will come again too! Please do the world & my tv screen a favor & GO AWAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm was that jill that wrote that last comment?

    ReplyDelete