Thursday, April 6, 2017

Cynthia Bailey Explains Why She Chose Not To Bad-Mouth Ex-Husband Peter Thomas On 'RHOA'


Essence.com:
Yes, Cynthia Bailey and her ex husband Peter Thomas went through a divorce on national TV on The Real Housewives of Atlanta, but the reality star reveals she did everything in her power to keep the messiness at bay.

While speaking on a panel at the Sisters in Power event in Dallas, Bailey said she told producers early on that her divorce would be a part of her storyline in season 9 but the drama between she and her ex would not be, The YBF reports.

"When I decided that I was going to get divorced from Peter and the new season was beginning to tape, I went to the producers and said ‘I have a deal breaker. I'm going to be getting a divorce but I refuse to drag this Black man on national TV.'"

Peter and Cynthia's road to the altar was chronicled in the early days of the hit Bravo reality series as well as their marital ups and downs after they tied the knot, leading to chronicling them eventually going their separate ways was the best option for their peace of mind.

"Sure our divorce wasn't perfect, there were a lot of conditions, conversations & text messages. We said unthinkable things to each other, but I've always said that I'm going to leave this relationship with the same amount of respect, integrity and grace that I came into this marriage with," she said with a mature outlook. 
Even though Cynthia wanted to take the high road at the end of her six year marriage to Thomas, the show's producers had another idea about how their storyline should play out.

"The producers would come to me and say 'he may come for you and he may do this', and I would tell them that I don't give a damn what Peter does, he can go on Wendy Williams and do as many interviews as he wants, I know what I gave to this marriage and he knows what I gave to this marriage. One of the things I'm most proud of us going through this divorce and not making it a sh*t-show."

RELATED: Cynthia Bailey and Peter Thomas finally filed divorce papers in February

No comments:

Post a Comment