Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Teresa Giudice Claims She 'Didn’t Understand’ Plea Deal, Didn’t Know She Faced Prison Time


RadarOnline.com:
Teresa and Joe Giudice talked to Andy Cohen Monday night on Watch What Happens Live for their first post-sentencing interview, and it turns out that not only did the length of her prison sentence shock Teresa, but she was also blindsided that she would get time in the clink at all!

The Real Housewives of New Jersey starlet told Cohen that she took the plea deal because she thought it would mean she could escape prison time – not get less time.

“I didn’t fully understand it,” Giudice explained to Cohen. “I thought my lawyer was going to fight for me.

“That’s what lawyers do. That’s pretty much that’s why you hire an attorney,” she added.

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Joe pleaded guilty to the charges against him, claiming that he thought if he took all of the blame, his wife be able to walk away without having to serve prison time. But that’s not how it turned out – Teresa will be serving 15 months in prison before Joe goes away for 41 months.

“I expected me,” Joe confessed. “I didn’t expect her.”

But despite “expecting” prison time for himself, Joe was still stunned to hear how long he would be going away for after his wife serves her time.

“I feel like I got hit in the back of the neck with a bat,” he said to Cohen. “I didn’t think I was going to get that much.”
RELATED: Teresa Giudice Leaves Cast Members Fuming Before Pre-Prison Reunion

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I can't imagine this wasn't explained to her. The question is what is she capable of understanding?

    By the way, I think that Tre will be like Red on OITNB in prison.

    ReplyDelete