Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bethenny Frankel: I Still Have Influence on ‘The Real Housewives of New York City’


NYDailyNews.com:
It's been two years since Bethenny Frankel was on “The Real Housewives of New York City,” but she’s still involved with the show.

“I actually cast one of them,” she tells the Daily News of one of the new additions to the current cast. “I cast Aviva . I’m the reason she’s on the show.”

Frankel knows Drescher through a friend.

“I don’t know her well, but a couple of years ago, I recommended her, and it didn’t happen,” Frankel says. 

“And I was talking to [Bravo executive] Andy Cohen and I said, ‘Why did you not look at that girl, the woman Aviva?’

“And he said, ‘I don’t even know who you’re talking about.’ And I said, ‘Go back and find the tape of that woman. I think she would probably be a good housewife.’ So here we are.”
Frankel believed Drescher had an interesting story.

“She was a very young girl [when\] she lost her leg in an accident,” Frankel explains. “She is from the upper East Side of Manhattan and was married to somebody that I know. She just seemed like she’d be a good character. She seemed like she’d be part of some drama also on the show.”

Frankel, who just launched her talk show, “Bethenny,” Monday, says she's still in touch with some of her former “Housewives” castmates, but not recently because she has been so busy.

“I’ve spoken to several of them in the past couple of months,” she says. “At the moment, I haven’t even been speaking to my own friends.”

2 comments:

  1. Bethenny makes all the other housewives look like "those special kids" you would see on the school bus. Beauty, brains and balls of steel; figuratively, not literally, made this woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Beauty, brains and balls of steel; figuratively, not literally, made this woman."

    Well, I'd argue figuratively AND literally.

    ReplyDelete