Saturday, June 16, 2012

Alexis Bellino Says She Hasn’t Been Portrayed Fairly on Real Housewives of Orange County


Wetpaint.com:
Season 7 of Real Housewives of Orange County has been a rough one for Alexis Bellino. Between recovering from sinus surgery and rhinoplasty, she’s also been the target of an “intervention” by her castmates — who thought she was “phony” and “pretentious.”

When Wetpaint Entertainment spoke with the blond Housewife and her husband, Jim, at Patti Stanger’s birthday party on June 14, we asked about her damaged relationship with Gretchen Rossi, her new friendship with Vicki Gunvalson, and whether she’ll be back for Season 8. Alexis also reveals why she was almost a no-show at the Season 7 reunion, as Wetpaint Entertainment was the first to report.


Wetpaint Entertainment: How has it been since being back from Costa Rica and having to confront everyone?
Alexis Bellino: Well, it’s been good with Vicki. The other ones, it’s been the same.

Is Vicki the only one you’re talking to now?
Alexis: Well, after the reunion we did have a little peace-making going on, but we’ll see how that really turns out. I don’t know. I never know because one day they’ll tell me that they’re sorry or this and that and then the next day, “I got drunk in a bar.” I’m just very guarded, I should say.

You almost skipped the reunion. What made you change your mind?
Alexis: I didn’t skip it. I was medically released from it. I finally got the courage to go. Yeah, it’s been a rough season.

Was it really difficult to get through it?
Alexis: They were lighter on me at the reunion, so that helped. I had the Lord with me, so it helped a lot too.

What do you think people most misunderstand about you?
Alexis: I just think that I’m an easy target, because I don’t fight dirty. I’m not going to go to that level. I think it’s easy to just say what you want about me, because I’m not going to attack back.

Do you think you’ll be able to heal your relationships with some of the other girls, like Gretchen?
Alexis: I think there’s a chance I’m going to heal my relationship with Gretchen. I wouldn’t call it completely shut for good. I do love her, and I miss her.

You’ve talked about having another baby. Do you think you’re going to add to your family?
Alexis: [Cover’s husband Jim’s ears and sings “La la la la la”] I want another baby. He is not really up for it, and it takes two for that to happen so I don’t know if I’m gonna get it. He kind of would for about a month when he said that he would think about it and revisit it in a few months, and now he’s just shut it down. “No, not happening.”

Jim Bellino: She’ll get a dog.

Alexis: I’m gonna get a little bitty dog. But he doesn’t like the little rat ones.

You put up with so much this season. Are you going to return next season?
Alexis: I don’t know.

Is a lot of that going to depend on your relationships outside of the show and how you guys mend?
Alexis: There’s just a lot of factors involved. There’s my family. There’s my health. There’s so much involved. The one thing I know is I will be friends with her [points to Vicki], and hopefully Gretchen and I will become friends again and I won’t lose touch with her whether I’m on the show or not.

Overall, how has being on the show changed your life?
Alexis: For the most part, it’s been a very positive experience. It’s just this year that was really difficult. I mean, everybody goes through it so we’ll see. We just finished filming, and now is when I get to heal and go through everything.
RELATED: Alexis Bellino Says the Other Real Housewives of OC Are as Materialistic as She Is
 

2 comments:

  1. She trashed poor Peggy last season and now is upset about how she is portrayed by the network and how the other woman interact with her. Well sweetness, what goes around comes around, you've gotten EXACTLY what you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure the other women are materialistic, but Alexis is the one who flaunts it at every available opportunity, Heather being a close second. Self medicating behavior for a shallow and narcissistic personality. I feel pity for you, not jealousy.

    ReplyDelete