Saturday, March 12, 2011

NeNe Leakes on Fake People, Her Divorce and if She Will Do ‘RHOA’ Again


As usual it's never NeNe's fault for anything:
The dust has officially settled on the season preimere of Donald Trump’s “Celebrity Apprentice” (Sunday night at 9 E/P on NBC) and the drama is slowly beginning to unfold. Though some often throw the term “Reality TV star” around like a gypsy curse, others embrace the 5 to 10 years of fame that becoming a reality show favorite or villain can net them.


On “Real Housewives of Atlanta” we thought NeNe Leakes enjoyed kicking over every sand castle and raining on every parade that she came across, but in a previously published interview with EURweb.com, Leakes says that isn’t so. She doesn’t enjoy being cast as the bad guy at all. She says that, in fact, her reasoning behind agreeing to appear on “Celebrity Apprentice” was altruistic and pure.


“They asked me to do the show last season and I said no,” NeNe told EURweb. “They asked me to do the show again this season and I said yes because I really thought it would be a good look for me to be on the show fighting for my charity. That’s what I thought. I wasn’t thinking anything else. I just thought that I would do the show and have something outside the ‘Housewives of Atlanta’. You get to see the business side of me which you really didn’t get a chance to see on ‘Real Housewives’. People probably thought that all I wanted to do was fight and get in people’s face on ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’.”


Ummm, yes that’s exactly what people were thinking. All of America was under the impression that you were writing legislation for the hateration nation. Up to this point the interview with Ms. Leakes was actually going better than expected. She was open, honest and no subject seemed to be off limits as far as questions were concerned.


“This past year I’ve gone through something that was very life changing for me,” said Leakes. “It was already out there that my husband and I were having trouble and I filed for divorce. We are no longer living together, we are legally separated and we’re trying to work on things while we are separated. I’ve been with him for 14 years. It was the hardest time in my life. I know I didn’t show a lot of emotions on the ‘Housewives’ show, but it made me be something that I never thought I could be. I’ve always been able to control everything in my life and this is one thing I wasn’t able to control and it almost destroyed me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment