Friday, March 4, 2011

NeNe Leakes Couldn't Care Less About the 'Free Sweetie' Campaign


Zap2it.com:
"The Real Housewives of Atlanta" has made people stars for all kinds of reasons. But what if your notoriety comes from people thinking you're being treated like a slave? That's the case with Sweetie Hughes, who NeNe Leakes called a slave for the way that her boss, cast mate Kim Zolciak, treats her.


"At the end of the day, I said what I thought," NeNe tells Zap2it. "I thought that Kim was treating her like a slave. That, again, is my opinion and I'm free to have that. And when I start stating facts, that's when everybody has to get worried."


Late last month, a "Free Sweetie" campaign was started by Atlanta radio deejay Rickey Smiley after NeNe called in and talked about why she called Sweetie a slave. Apparently, that campaign has been ruining Sweetie's life. Yes, ruining!


"They're doing it for Black History Month, and it offends me," Sweetie told Life & Style in late-February. "They have pastors calling into the radio station and praying for me. They've taken it too far. NeNe's jealous that she's not as close to Kim as I am. I've known Kim for 11 years, since I was a kid. Kim's a great friend to me. NeNe's traumatizing my life. She's bringing hell to it."


"I never want to speak to NeNe again," says Kim. "My assistant Sweetie is so upset about the whole thing, she's beside herself. NeNe has problems."


NeNe still says that she has no plans to forgive or ever speak to Kim again after their big tour bus blow out. And she could care less about the "Free Sweetie" campaign, because it has nothing to do with her.


"As far as Kim and Sweetie are concerned, to me they are old news," she says. "This disagreement happened with us in June of 2010. It's just that the viewers are just seeing it. I've moved on. I'm in a different place in my life today. Sweetie is nonexistent."
RELATED: 'Celeb Apprentice' Cast 'Most Volatile Ever'

No comments:

Post a Comment