Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bethenny Ever Relaxing


NYTimes.com:
One of the original “Real Housewives of New York City,” Bethenny Frankel, 40, has starred in two solo spinoffs on Bravo: first “Bethenny Getting Married?” and now “Bethenny Ever After,” in its second season. She lives in TriBeCa with her reality show co-stars: her husband, Jason Hoppy, 39, who works in sales; their 10-month-old daughter, Bryn; and their dog, Cookie, a Lhasa apso mix. ROBIN FINN


UP WITH BABY We wake up with the baby at 7. I’ll make her brown-rice cereal with fruit, and we hang around in the living room together in our pajamas. I wear drawstring pants and a T-shirt, all cotton, nothing fancy. Sunday is my favorite day: we can just be lazy and we do absolutely no work. Well, I do work out a little on the elliptical or on developing my yoga.


WARDROBE Then I’ll take a shower and get dressed in something from my closet that actually feels like the real me — usually jeans and a cashmere sweater and maybe a hat. No dresses on Sundays; dresses are for television. If I’m just lounging around or doing yoga, I’m doing it in my pajamas.


GIRLS HANG OUT When Jason goes to church at St. Anthony’s, I stay home with the baby. We call it our mommy and me time. I give her a fun bath, and then we’ll pick an outfit for her. We do what we call a hold-back — we have names for everything — on her nap. She normally sleeps from 9 to 10, but I keep her up until Jason gets back with bagels.


IN-HOUSE BARISTA We have this great coffee machine, and Jason is the barista. He doesn’t drink coffee, but he’ll make me decaf cappuccino or hot chocolate. Then we all lie down and nap together.


WANDERING I hate having any kind of set plan. We’ll just walk up Hudson Street and find new places for brunch. Sometimes we end up in Little Italy. Having the baby has changed our routine a lot. Everything takes longer. And we want to be together on Sundays, so no more going to the gym for 90 minutes of yoga or working out with 20 minutes of travel each way. That would be selfish of me.


SHOP OR NOSH We might make a quick stop at the Container Store, or pick up a pizza, or stop at a bakery; Jason and I love the red velvet cake and carrot cake at Two Little Red Hens.


POSSIBLE NAIL STOP Sometimes we’ll go to Spa Belles for a mani-and-pedi but no polish. Bryn comes along and watches me get my eyebrows waxed.


GOLF AND FASHION SHOW We go back home and just relax. Jason likes to watch golf, so the baby will watch with him until her naptime, while I go into the bedroom with my computer and search around for nonsense on the Internet. Or I’ll edit my closet. I have way too many clothes, so I’ll try on things and then go and see what he likes and what he doesn’t. I absolutely get rid of anything he doesn’t like. He has very good taste, though maybe not in women.


CHEF’S SURPRISE We might order in, and we probably have pizza around for Jason to nibble on. If I cook, my premise is to use what I have. Last Sunday, I made a spinach-and-turkey loaf. Jason is a meat kind of guy, so I keep ground turkey in the freezer. I have romaine, arugula, brown rice, whole-wheat pasta and cheeses around, so I can always whip something up. Bryn sits in her highchair and we have dinner together. Dessert is cake or else sundaes made with Cherry Garcia ice cream and sprinkles.


BATHTIME I take a bath with Bryn every night around 7; we call it “batheez.” Jason and I put her down to sleep about 7:30. Then we’ll watch a movie at home; we just saw “The Social Network.” We don’t really follow any TV shows on Sunday nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment