Thursday, July 2, 2015

Vicki Gunvanson Talks How Reality TV Impacts Real Life


Yahoo.com:
It's hard for Vicki Gunvalson to not think of the past decade of her life in terms of TV seasons: She's the only remaining original cast member on Bravo's first "Real Housewives" series, "The Real Housewives of Orange County."

Gunvalson, 53, said in a recent interview that she equates milestones in her life to what season they aired on. The show, which airs at 9 p.m. EDT on Mondays, is now in its 10th season.

"This season my mom dies. Last season, I had situations with Tamra (Judge) and then I look at another season where I decided to divorce (ex-husband) Don," she said.

In a recent interview with The Associated Press, the OG of the OC talked about friends from the show and how reality TV impacts real life.
___
AP: Which woman on the show is a legitimate friend in your eyes?

Gunvalson: It changes from season to season. Tamra is my friend ... right now. ... (Former cast member) Alexis Bellino absolutely is my friend. She reaches out to me weekly. I see Lynne (Curtin) every now and then. I see Jeana (Keough) every now and then. You think about all these people I've filmed with all these years and there's not many I stay in touch with.

AP: Is it hard to be married on a reality TV show?

Gunvalson: I definitely think you need a strong bond and a strong foundation. ... It's definitely tough on marriage and relationships. I'm in counseling over this because I don't know how to some days handle it. 'Is this my reality or is this reality?'

AP: Because you have seen castmates come and go, is it ever awkward?

Gunvalson: The disadvantage I have is the new cast members coming in have watched me, so they're gonna try to either be my friend or they're gonna try to tear me down. I never watched anybody. When I started filming, there was no reality show. We were the first.
RELATED: Vicki: True Friends Are There for You When Life Happens

No comments:

Post a Comment