Thursday, January 31, 2013

Marisa Zanuck Talks Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Brandi Glanville and Her Hermes Habit


Racked.com:
If anyone knows luxury, it's the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Every Monday, fans tune in to the popular Bravo series to watch the cast casually flaunt their riches as juicy drama inevitably unfolds. While the original group of gals never cease to entertain, every so often a welcomed newbie comes along to shake things up. Enter Marisa Zanuck

Married to Hollywood movie producer Dean Zanuck, the outspoken Hilton & Hyland real estate agent met fellow housewife Kyle Richards 11 years ago when the brunette's husband Mauricio was working at the same firm. Racked sat down with the rising star to talk reality TV, shopping weaknesses and the famed French fashion house that she can't get enough of.

Are you enjoying your time on Real Housewives?
"I love it! It's a lot of fun, but it can also be very stressful. Most of the time I don't think before I speak and can end up hurting someone, which is never my intention. I'm close with Kyle and Mauricio, as well as Brandi and Camille. I'm looking forward to getting to know Lisa and Yolanda more."


What do you enjoy most (and least) about being a real estate agent?
"I absolutely love being a real estate agent in Beverly Hills—I've been doing this for 14 years. It gives me the freedom to be a great mom, and I get to work with some amazing people. Plus, I get a high when I'm working on a deal. The part I like least is the fact that I can go a month or two without a deal, and I'm the kind of person who needs to keep busy!"


Your family is filled with Hollywood players. Do you have any fun movie premiere stories?
"Yes, I did marry into the Zanuck family who is Hollywood royalty. [My husband] Dean and I have been together for 17 years, and in this time we have gone to our share of Hollywood events and premieres. The most recent one I went to was for my father-in-law's [Oscar-winning producer Richard Zanuck] film, Dark Shadows, which was amazing. Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp performed. It was like being at a concert!" 


What's your weakness when it comes to shopping?
"My weakness is definitely jewelry and purses. I can never have enough jewelry in my life, and I've been really into collecting Hermès Birkin bags lately. These two items will always hold their value. I don't spend big money on clothing because clothes get old and go out of style whereas jewelry and classic bags never do."


What are some of your latest big shopping splurges?
"I recently purchased a couple of David Webb pieces—I'm such a fan! And when I went to Paris last month I bought a beautiful Hermès Birkin for myself. Oh, and I just got a new Porsche!"


If you can do more reality TV, what shows would you like to try?
"The only other reality show that I would consider doing would be my own show with my family and sisters. We're all so funny together since none of us have any boundaries. I'd also really love to be on Dancing with the Stars!
RELATED:  Real Housewives' Marisa Zanuck: I Don't Appreciate Brandi Glanville's Opinions About My Marriage

No comments:

Post a Comment