Friday, April 13, 2012

Real Housewives Daughters Confess: “Yep! My Mom Is a Real Housewife”


BuddyTV.com:
In this month's issue of Glamour, the magazine conducted interviews with five of the daughters of the Real Housewives from their five major franchises. Here are some highlights from the interviews of what it's like for these girls to have their lives documented on reality TV.


Lauren Manzo, 24, daughter of Caroline Manzo of RHONJ
"When we first began the show, my biggest fear was viewers noticing my weight," Lauren told Glamour. "I knew I was heavy, and I knew people were going to say something, but I did everything I could to hide it and act like I was confident. When the show started to become more popular, I had these younger girls say to me on Twitter and Facebook, 'I look up to you; I love the fact that you're not a size 2.' I said to myself, You know what? All these other women are struggling. Let's put this on the show."


Pandora Sabo, 26, daughter of Lisa Vanderpump of RHOBH
"I'm a more private person than my mother is. So when Jason proposed, we had to think about how we were going to do this wedding. My mother's life is on television, but mine really isn't," she said. "I didn't let Bravo film any of the wedding. I had a regular videographer like many people do. I edited the footage, then chose what I wouldn't mind people seeing, and we gave eight minutes of it to Bravo to use. I feel like my life is filled with a bunch of one-sided conversations. Everybody knows everything about me, and I know nothing about anybody else. I wouldn't sign up for a reality show myself."


Briana Cluberson, 25, daughter of Vicki Gunvalson of RHOC
"Since the first season we haven't looked at any blogs. I try not to read the press or dig around and see what everyone's opinion is of us," Briana said in the interview. "I've seen every episode that's aired. It's hard to watch them. Nobody likes to hear their own voice, and it's weird to see yourself on TV. It's really tough to see the family things replayed, like my parents' split. I'd experienced it six or eight months before, then had to relive it on TV. I'm not looking to make my own fame off this show. It's just not me. I'm an E.R. nurse, and that's my priority. I don't want people to look at me differently. I'm just Briana the nurse."


Victoria de Lesseps, 17, daughter of LuAnn de Lesseps of RHONYC
"I was 12 when my mom told me about doing the show. I'm not a person who loves to be in front of the camera all the time," she said. "People ask me, 'Has being on TV changed how people treat you? Are people nice to you for the wrong reasons?' In a way, it has made it easier for me to see who's really my friend. This guy friend of mine, we kissed once, and he said, 'I could introduce you to my friends and tell them you're from the show.' I was like, 'That's the first thing you'd tell your friends about me?' I've never had any boy luck from the show. Maybe guys are just intimidated."


Tierra Fuller, 26, daughter of Sheree Whitfield of RHOA
"I was only on the show a few times, but the city of Atlanta isn't that big, so I get a lot of recognition--especially the first season that I was on," Tierra said. "Anytime I went out, people would come up to me like, 'Oh my God, you're Sheree's daughter!' My mom is doing her thing; I'm trying to get her to make her own workout DVD or her own juicer. A lot of opportunities come out of reality shows, and my mom is my role model."


To read the full interviews, go to Glamour.com.
RELATED: Real Housewives of Orange County Recap: White Trash Hall Of Fame

No comments:

Post a Comment