Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jill Zarin Poses As Fans Online?


Digitablelife.today.com:
I admit, I watch the "Real Housewives of New York City." Or, at least I did, until Bethenny Frankel left. I always felt like she was the one person on that show I'd love to meet and could imagine being friends with. Before her departure, I had that same rubberneck fascination as other fans, watching these "money can't buy you class" rich ladies make every friendship I've ever had seem that much more precious.


No one was more a target for collective derision than the egocentric, louder-than-life Jill Zarin, a woman who could barely stand to not be the center of attention, the first to cast aspersions on the other housewives and the last to let go of a grudge.


When New York Magazine's Vulture published a post suggesting that RHONYC might fire all the current bickering Betties and just start again from scratch, riffing off a New York Post story, it invited nearly 100 comments. Not so high, and not so unusual a count, but it seems like several commenters are convinced that Zarin, posing under several aliases, used the comments section to bolster support for her staying on the show. (Hat tip to Gawker for the find!)


Here is some of the unabashed pro-Jill gushing:


Gingerette3: "Bravo is nothing more than one big BS machine, creating stories like this to rile you people up. They would NEVER drop this cast. Maybe Alex and Kelly but NEVER the rest. Too many people love Jill Zarin. She is the best of all housewives. We LOVE her!!"
Cookie09: "The problem with the show right now is the blondes have an obvious agenda. They are so fake it's ridiculous. The friendship between Alex and Ramona causes me to run for the Pepto Bismal (sic). Give Jill Zarin her own show and get rid of these co-stars. Bring Kelly along for laughs. I think this is BS to drum up ratings btw."
JillZarinFan1: "Why is Bravo panicking? Who can say Beverly Hills will do well again? I would agree with the long needed removal of Alex McCord as well as Ramona who has obviously drank herself into another reality. But I watch the show for ladies like Jill Zarin, the Countess and even Sonja who is funny as hell to watch. I agree the episodes without Jill this season were iffy, but last week was great. Jill has a star quality that makes the show great."


What makes this even remotely interesting is that this would be a repeat offense by Zarin, who was pegged by Gawker as the perpetrator of favorable Amazon reviews of her book, "Secrets of a Jewish Mother: Real Advice, Real Family, Real Love."


The unwritten laws of the Internet dictate self-policing and calling out when it seems like a troll is afoot. More from Vulture::


Cparkeast: "As always Jill goes over the top with one comment after another herself under different names. There really aren't that many Jill Zarin fans in this world so of course the readers would get suspicious."
Gerji6: "Gingerette, You certainly are pro-Jill Zarin. I can't help but notice that you have the same name as her dog...G I N G E R ! Coincidence?" (Which sparked this response from @freelyvivacious: @Gerij6 - Not at all a coincidence. Jill's fans go by the name Gingerettes. Annie and I came up with it. It is originated by her beloved Ginger and her ginger hair.)
Leatherfacedtranny: "OMG i take back every nice thing i said about Jill Zarin. Her interns are clearly back at work trying to save her butt. Every nice thing about Zarin on this blog is said by someone who has never commented at NYMag before. Conspiracy!"


If Zarin is trying to win the hearts and minds of fans to stay on the show, or even spin-off her own, she has a ways to go to convince people she's deserving, if people assume so readily she'd come up with fake fans to keep her 15 minutes of fame.

5 comments:

  1. I wish Jealous Jill would just go away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill darling, try looking into the mirror and say "Gosh darnit, I'm pretty, despite being moderately overweight and gee-whiz people should like me, and if I'm real lucky and work hard enough, maybe I'll be half the women and 1/1000th as successful as Bethenny!" Oh my gosh wouldn't that be swell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand why it is so hard to believe that Jill has fans. I am fan and I feel like your trying to bully people out of being about to say nice things about someone they like. I am also a fan of hers on Facebook, along with the other 122,000 people. So lay off,geez it's just a television show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing at the above "poster". Looks like Jealous Jill is trolling the Internet and blowing her own horn as Anonymous. Hahaha! Get a life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well duh. It's obvious reading many comments that they are Jill or her interns. I have had my comments rapidly responded to by "fans" that are surely Jill. It's actually quite funny. If she spent less time faking fan comments and worrying about Bethenney, and more time being a friend to her fellow housewives, she would have real fans to defend her.

    ReplyDelete