Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bayonne, NJ Resident Melissa Gorga Joins 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Cast


NJ.com:
From Bayonne resident to one of the "Real Housewives of New Jersey," Melissa Gorga, a real Renaissance woman, has worked her way to stardom.


Gorga, 32, has joined the hit reality-TV series for Season 3. She is in fact already part of the TV family. Her husband Joe is the brother of Real Housewives star Teresa Giudice.


A Toms River native, Gorga moved to Bayonne in 2001 and landed a job as a tanning consultant at Tropical Tanning located at 421 Broadway in Bayonne while studying to be a teacher at New Jersey City University in Jersey City.


Gorga, who describes herself as a bubbly Italian girl, rented an apartment with girlfriends at 31st Street and Avenue E before graduating with a B.A. degree in elementary education. She's currently a stay-at-home mom in Montville Township and is pursuing a singing career.


"I had so much fun living in Bayonne with my friends during my college years," Gorga said during a recent interview. "There were always fun things to do and it was minutes from New York City.


"There were two things I always wanted to do, and that was teaching and singing," she added. "Right now I can't have my own classroom, but I am aspiring to be an R&B artist and raising my three children, Antonia, 5, Gino, 3, and Joey, 1."


Cindy Delesky, owner of Tropical Tanning for 17 years, said Gorga was conscientious.


"Melissa was a great worker," Delesky said. "She was on the schedule every day and covered all shifts. She was always so diligent. I've very happy for her."


Using the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" reality show as a platform to enhance her singing career, Gorga is confident her songs will be music to everyone's ears.


"Music is my first love and I'm really excited about the pop and dance songs I have recorded," Gorga said.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. I realy enjoy reading your posts. Thanks

    ReplyDelete