Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cynthia Bailey: I Always Feel Like I'm Being Set Up for Sabotage


TVGuide.com:
What has new Real Housewives of Atlanta star Cynthia Bailey learned from being on reality TV? "It looks so easy from your living room couch, but it's not easy!" she says. "It's very emotionally and mentally exhausting."

That's right. Drama doesn't just manufacture itself. The producers have laid traps everywhere, and Bailey says it's work trying to navigate. "Before you go to shoot scenes, you always feel like you're being set up for sabotage [Laughs]. You have to mentally prep. 'OK, I'm getting ready to go have dinner with Sheree. What could she be getting ready to throw at me?' It's tiring trying to figure out what landmine I'm about to step in."

Bailey spoke to TVGuide.com about stepping in it with her other new cast member Phaedra Parks, getting on Kim Zolciak's bad side, and hosting one very memorable Mother's Day brunch.

TVGuide.com: In last week's episode, your Mother's Day brunch kind of devolved into...
Cynthia Bailey:
A cross between Girls Gone Wild and the Food Network?

TVGuide.com: That's a good way of putting it. (For those who missed that scene, check it out here.):
Bailey:
Can I tell you that was the first time we had all got together? I'm new. I had no idea what we were going to talk about, but I didn't think it was going to be an episode of Real Sex. What's funny is the ones you'd think would be conservative in bed? They're the ones that want to pop a pop tart up there! It was crazy and slightly mortifying. Kandi's telling us about how she got her mom a dildo, she and Phaedra are talking about what sugar does to your vajayjay. ... I was like, "What is happening here?"

TVGuide.com:  Phaedra has done a lot of fascinating things so far, from putting a rosebush in her hair to saying she wanted to deliver her baby prematurely. During your shared limo ride with her, she more or less said your fiance was "dirty" because he had kids from previous relationships.
Bailey:
That limo ride was the first time I had been around her. ...  I'm not used to people just offending me to my face like that, and I didn't even realize what was happening. I got out of that car and thought, "Wait, I think she just completely threw us under the bus!" Peter [Bailey's fiancĂ©] and I couldn't get out of there quick enough. We looked at each other afterward like, "What have we done? What is going on? Who are these people? Who acts like this? Who dresses like this? This is insane!"


That definitely didn't make me a big fan of hers, and as you can see, she doesn't have a whole lot of nice things to say about me so far: I'm not pretty enough to be a model, my house is not nice enough...

TVGuidecom: Any thoughts you care to share about her pregnancy photo shoot?
Bailey:
As soon as I saw her walk out with that pickle jar — and I've been modeling for 25 years — I knew that was going to come off really cute or really awful. You decide.
Cynthia's a good-looking woman who seems to have her head on straight, but so far far its clearly Phaedra whose been making a name for herself on RHOA this season. Cynthia better be careful before Bravo gets rid of her for being too "boring" (i.e. sane).

1 comment:

  1. I'd rather have Cynthia on the show than that phony Phaedra. Who does Phaedra think she is? Just cause she is a lawyer? They are a dime a dozen. What cases has she worked on? What school did she graduate from? Who are her famous clients? Bitch please, you're married to an ex con. No self respecting lawyer would marry beneath like that, unless she was trash herself. Ghetto girl trying to pass for classy lady. Heifer, please!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete