Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Kim Zolciak and NeNe Leakes Reunite on Watch What Happens Live: "We've Been Through So Much"


EOnline.com:
NeNe Leakes and Kim Zolciak make better friends than frenemies.

The former Real Housewives of Atlanta co-stars came face to face on Bravo's Watch What Happens Live Sunday. The two hadn't appeared on camera together in years, after years public feuding. So, what went wrong? When Zolciak was dating Big Poppa, who funded her lavish lifestyle, Leakes often criticized her pal's relationship. Their friendship worsened because of the song "Don't Be Tardy for the Party." Zolciak and Leakes had planned to record it together, but Zolciak ended up working with Kandi Burruss instead.
Asked to describe the breakdown of their relationship, Leakes told host Andy Cohen that it was due to "years of being on the show and the stress and other people chiming in. We just kind of broke apart."
How did they manage to mend their friendship? "Time heals wounds," she explained.

Leakes, who currently stars on Broadway in Cinderella, continued, "We've just come so far. We've been through so much. When I met Kim, her baby was a baby. Ariana was a baby girl. We've just come so far."

Cohen read a tweet from Kenya Moore, who asked if Leakes will actually donate $20,000 to the Detroit Public Schools Foundation. "I'm sure she wants us to discuss her, doesn't she? But we're not! Onto the next question!" she said while making a series of funny faces. However, a persistent Cohen asked, "Are you going to write that check before the reunion?" The reality star and actress replied, "When I feel like it, just like when she felt like it. It took her 10 months to cough it up." Leakes added, "She just wants us to talk about her and we're not going to. Girl, bye. You're not a part of this circle and you never will be."

A viewer called in and recalled that Leakes once said she'd never be friends with Zolciak again, just as she's now saying about current cast member Cynthia Bailey. "I say I won't ever be friends with Cynthia again. I never will. This is the truth," she said of the perceived double standard. "First, Cynthia and my relationship was very different than my relationship with Kim. Cynthia and I talked all the time, spent holidays together, were at each other's homes all the time. Kim and I weren't like that. I wasn't talking to Kim seven times a day and I wasn't in her house all the time like that. I feel like Cynthia is making it seem as if I really have done something to her. When I watch the show, I'm thinking, 'Did I do something so horrible for someone you have been really good friends with?' [I also dislike] the way she's changed."

With some sass, she added, "Anna Mae needs to get a new storyline."

Afterward, Leakes agreed to play a round of "Plead the Fifth," letting Zolciak ask the questions. "What is the one thing you regret saying about me during the run of the show?" the one-hit-wonder wondered.

"Oh God, Kim! I've said so much s--t about you," Leakes said. "'Close your legs to married men.'"

"I love that!" Zolciak told her. "Thank you!" For her second question, the Don't Be Tardy star asked, "What is your honest opinion of the song 'Don't Be Tardy for the Party?'" Leakes guffawed and replied, "I thought it was a fun song, honestly. I admit I clapped and tapped my toe when I heard it in the club."
RELATED: Kim Zolciak Has No Plans For Music: ‘I Wanted To Be A One-Hit Wonder’

No comments:

Post a Comment