Sunday, March 23, 2014

5 Things You Don't Know About Kristen Taekman


USmagazine.com:
Kristen Taekman will (very!) soon make her Real Housewives debut! The 36-year-old model joins the sixth season of The Real Housewives of New York City, which premieres Tuesday, March 11.
According to he biography on Bravo's website, Taekman is married to EBOOST co-founder Josh Taekman, and mom to son Cash, 5, and daughter Kingsley, 2. She also has her own line of greeting card boxes called 2nd Street Press.

During a March 4 press conference, however, Taekman -- who joins veteran ladies Ramona Singer, Sonja Morgan, Carole Radziwill, Heather Thomson, Aviva Drescher, and Luann de Lesseps -- shared even more about what fans can expect to see from her on the Bravo reality show. Check out five things you may not know about RHONYC's newest housewife below.

1. RHOBH's Brandi Glanville and RHONYC's Heather Thomson recommended her for the show. "Once I realized that she and [Josh] were interested in doing the show -- which I did find out funny enough through [Brandi], kind of, and [Kristen] actually at the very same time," costar Thomson explained, "I was so excited because I knew how great of an addition [Kristen] would be."

2. Taekman has already sparked some controversy. Her opening tagline -- "I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm pretty!" -- hasn't been well-received. "I just can't believe that people are having an issue with it. It's like it's the funniest thing ever," Taekman said. "I'm 36 and I'm still a model, and I kind of like play off of the fact that, you know, not all models are the sharpest tool in the shed."

3. She's not above arguing with her hubby -- in fact, it's flirty! "We fight, we bicker. We have a two and a five-year-old, so we're still changing diapers and my daughter still gets up some nights. That just really weighs heavy on us as a couple," Taekman explained. "And then towards the end of the season, I decided that our bickering is our personal form of flirting. So I'm going to stick with that."

4. Brandi Glanville was a bridesmaid in her wedding . . . and vice versa. "We're really, really close friends," Taekman shared about the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills stars. "She was one of my bridesmaids in my wedding. And I was at her wedding. People [have] to cut [Brandi] some slack."

5. She doesn't consider herself the "Brandi" of RHONYC. "I definitely swear, but not as much as she does," Taekman said of Glanville. "I'm a lot like her. I think that we could almost be sisters, but kind of like from a different mother kind of thing."
RELATED: The Realest Real Housewives of New York Recap

2 comments:

  1. All I know is that because of her association with Brandi, she must be contaminated and therefore just blew any chance of me tuning in to RHNY. I didn't even read the article. NOPE, WONT DO IT. I hate her already, screw em both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6. Contracted multiple std's from Brandis' shitter seat.

    ReplyDelete