Sunday, November 6, 2011

NeNe Leakes on Boring Sheree, Dating and Cashing “Hater Checks”


I'll give NeNe some credit here because overall Sheree is kind of boring (out of all the Housewives who've been on for at least two seasons, Sheree easily gets the least amount of press). But whether it's ex-husband drama or a wannabee fashion line or pretending like she wants to get into acting, Sheree knows how to stir it up just enough for the cameras to keep cashing a Bravo paycheck, so she must be doing something right:
NeNe Leakes is no longer making apologies for the more aggressive, confrontational side of her personality. After her umpteenth — but perhaps biggest -- blow-up with Real Housewives of Atlanta's co-star Kim Zolciak earlier this year, Leakes said publicly that she was sorry for how she handled herself on the bus. (There was yelling, finger-pointing, lunging...)


But this season (premiering Sunday at 9/8c on Bravo), Leakes isn't making excuses — and even promises things will be plenty explosive. "What I've learned about myself is that I usually let people say things and I usually don't do anything about it. I wait until it's too much, and then I'm screaming," she says. "The fights are just as big as they've always been on the show. Six girls, different personalities, we're all working together, it's tough."


And there's a lot more that's changed for Leakes since last season. She tells TVGuide.com about fighting with on-again, off-again rival Sheree Whitfield, being newly single, and what she learned by competing in — and famously exiting — Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice:


In January, you said you didn't want to do another season of Atlanta. Why did you decide to come back?
NeNe Leakes: Every season, when we film this show and it ends, we are exhausted and beat up. We shoot the show and then we have to wait, and then we relive it when it airs, and then we relive it again on the reunion. By the time the season ends, I just feel like I'm over it. Then we get a two or three month break, and I feel like, OK, maybe I feel like I can do another season [laughs].


Phaedra pregnant before marriage, Kandi hurt over "Tardy" and more Atlanta reunion reveals


You say there will be plenty of shouting matches this season. Has your perspective changed since you apologized for the Kim blow-up?
Leakes: I've learned that when someone says or does something you don't like you're supposed to address it right then and there. You don't just let it go. But what I do is say, "Well, let me see what happens next time, and the next time, and the time after that," and then I'm like, "Look, bi---, I'm gonna rip your head off." I really should be saying something along the way.


At this point, are you close to any of your co-stars?
Leakes: Yes, I am very close to Cynthia and [her husband] Peter. We're very, very close. I'm cordial with Phaedra and Kandi. I don't necessarily care that much for Sheree or Kim.


But you all take a trip to South Africa this season! How do you prepare for that since you don't like all the women?
Leakes: First, I say, "No, I'm not going. No, I'm not going. No, I'm not going"' And then they're like, "You have to go." And so I say, "OK, I'm going under these conditions." [laughs] I took the trip to Africa, and all the girls go and once we land in Africa, I think to myself, "What the hell am I doing here with you guys?" I prefer to be here with people I want to hang out with and have fun with. But we go to Africa, and it's a beautiful place and it turned out to be very nice. Viewers will see us taste the different foods, and we go on a safari and see the animals.


How does it feel then to hear Sheree say to Wendy Williams that fame has gone to your head?
Leakes: Sheree don't know what the hell she's talking about because I'm not that girl. I think she knows that. I prefer money over fame. I'm very private. She wouldn't know if fame had gone to my head or to my ass. I'm never around her. I only see her when we shoot. I know she's gotta say what she's gotta say because nobody's talking about her. They generally talk about me. You make sure that everyone knows that Sheree is boring. Nobody talks about her. Bo-ring.


You recently tweeted that you deposited a "hater check" — what is a hater check?
Leakes: When you watch these reality shows, the person that is hated on the most are usually the one that gets the most shine. People call me and say, "Oh my gosh NeNe, we love you on the show, would you come over here and do an appearance?" I call that the money that comes from that a hater check, because they could've called the other girls but they called me because they hated on me so hard. These girls are haters!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with NeNe. Sheree is very boring, she has no personality at all. I believe that she is somewhat hating on NeNe. Without NeNe, Housewives of ATL would be boring. Nene may be loud, and sometimes mean, but out of all the housewives I feel she has the biggest heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. her heart only looks big
    because its SO full of envy..
    AND GRAVY
    gorilla cookies is nothing but
    a black-hearted bully

    ReplyDelete