Sunday, August 7, 2011

Teresa Giudice: My Cousin Kathy Needs to Stop Lying


Celebuzz.com:
I was at the shore all weekend with Joe, my girls, and my friends — two of my friends from high school came to visit me — so I didn’t get to watch this episode until it aired on a repeat!


As I’m typing this, I’m watching Andy on Watch What Happens Live. Whoever that John Hickey guy is, I love you! Thank you to whoever voted to spend Christmas with the Giudice family (Andy, it’s “judyCHAY”! I’ll sort you out next week in the clubhouse… get my bellini ready!). But this year, I would’ve voted to spend with the Manzos too — my whole family was sick! You saw poor Gia throwing up, but you didn’t see Joe doing the same thing. We all had a stomach bug. You smile and push through it because it’s Christmas, but we were not feeling good that morning, especially Joe. I love that even though he was so sick, he still videotaped the girls while he was laying on the couch.


We were up so late too. We went to Midnight Mass, then came over to our house and we ate some more (looking back, this year the second round maybe wasn’t such a good idea…). We probably only had like 2 hours of sleep. So yes, that plus being sick didn’t make Joe super happy. And he was not happy seeing how unhappy I was about Christmas Eve. Yes, this time he did call Melissa a “witch.” You’ve seen my husband on TV for a few years now. You know he’s a straight shooter and he says what he thinks. I have no problem owning it when either me or Joe say something. Last week Joe was not talking about Melissa when she was standing right there. He was talking about Melissa’s sister who pulled his mom’s hair at the Christening. I think they ARE animals for doing that.


But this week, he did say she was a “witch.” Our kids weren’t around when he said it, I didn’t like it, and I told him not to say it, but it’s certainly not the worst thing Joe could say. I think what Kathy called me at Melissa’s party was a little stronger than that, no?


Here’s why he said it: I was DEVASTATED that Melissa and my brother Joey left our house in the middle of Christmas Eve. My parents were devastated. My kids were devastated. And it came out of the blue. I have never, ever spent Christmas Eve away from my brother and my parents. We always, ALWAYS spend it together. It’s “my” holiday–everyone comes to spend it with me, nobody has to “invite” anybody else. Melissa has Easter, and we do Thanksgiving with our in-laws. My mother actually used to host Christmas Eve, then I took over. We’ve spent a couple of Christmas Eves with Kathy’s family, but a long time ago (the last time she was at my house), always as a group, and it wasn’t our normal thing. Our thing was to be together with my parents. Me and Joey and our families and our parents. I know I’m harping on this, but you have to understand what a big deal this was to my family. And for the first time ever, with no warning, Joey says he’s leaving–before dinner!–because he’s going to Kathy’s house. Never in a million years did I expect that. My husband was right: if he really needed to go to Kathy’s house, he could have stopped there first, had drinks, and then come spent Christmas with his family. But instead, he stopped by, acted like nothing was up, then suddenly tells me he’s leaving. And within minutes of telling us, he’s saying “Pack it up! Pack it up!” It was just so sudden and weird and hurtful.

2 comments:

  1. theresa, you are a jealous and hateful person and you're not happy unless you're doing your toughguy bit and fighting with someone. you can't stand the fact that all your friends like your cousin and your sister-in-law more than they ever liked you. they never liked you, they tolerated you. you are now becoming intolerable and i can't wait for bravo to do away with you and your entire ghetto family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. teresa, you should be thankful he stopped by at all. he had already made plans to go to kathy's house long before you asked him to go to your house for dinner. is the world supposed to stop turning because you now want your family around you. i think he was more than generous with his time on christmas. you must really think you're something special. i have a news flash for you.....you're not!! grow up and get some class while you're at it.

    ReplyDelete