Thursday, September 21, 2017

D’Andra Simmons’ Talks Diamonds, Designer Gowns and Twitter Feuds Between 'RHOD' Castmates


People.com:
Season 2 of The Real Housewives of Dallas may just be getting started, but new housewife D’Andra Simmons has already established herself as having one of the best wardrobes of any Real Housewife in history (OK, maybe tied with Lisa Vanderpump). From her closet full of high-end designer gowns to her blinding collection of jewelry, the Dallas native’s style follows the age old saying, “everything’s bigger in Texas.”

Turns out, her impeccable wardrobe is thanks to flawless taste and her background in fashion — before transitioning into a business woman with her own beauty empire, she worked at Saks Fifth Avenue under Rose Marie Bravo (who later ran Burberry). During our conversation with Bravo’s breakout star, we learned so many fascinating fashion tidbits like this, that we’re sharing all the secrets to her stellar style, below.

She had a personal connection to Oscar de la Renta.

In the episode where D’Andra cleaned out her closet, eagle-eye viewers may have noticed the shocking number of Oscar de la Renta pieces she owned. “Before my husband, I was engaged to Oscar de la Renta’s godson and so I have a ton of Oscar de la Renta in my closet,” she tells PeopleStyle. “I’m not getting rid of the things [created] before he passed away.”

Her closet is the size of a small home.

Since she owns so many designer pieces, her closet is massive. “Literally I can probably have a 10 person slumber party in there,” she says about the size of her closet. “What happened was when we moved into this house, which I built for myself as a single woman from the ground up, this person who designed my closet was a giant. She’s 6’2″ and I’m tiny so I’m always on a step stool and I can’t get to anything.”

RELATED: “Real Housewives of Dallas” cast member Kameron Westcott-“I Like Surrounding Myself With People That Make Me Better Than We Already Are”

No comments:

Post a Comment