Friday, September 30, 2011

It's Official: Jacqueline Laurita Quits; Is It Over Stripper Setup?


Reuters.com:
"The Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Jacqueline Laurita announced on Twitter that she was done with the show after one of her fellow castmates "got set up."


She seemed to be referring to an incident in which Melissa Gorga was reportedly set-up to appear on camera with a man who was supposedly her former boss at a strip club. It would be just the latest case of a participant in the franchise having some embarassing aspect of her past revealed on-screen.


Bravo did not immediately respond to a request for comment.


The alleged setup was reported by The Huffington Post. Gorga said on Twitter the story was "so untrue," but declined to explain what about it was inaccurate. The Huffington Post said the attempt to capture Gorga on camera with the supposed strip club boss took place at a fashion show at the boutique Posche; Laurita attended the event Tuesday, according to People.


Laurita said in a series of tweets after the fashion show that she had soured on "Real Housewives" and would not take part in the reunion special, which taped without her Wednesday.


"I feel nauseous and feverish. No reunion for me. Sorry guys. XOXO!" she tweeted Wednesday, later adding: "Someone (not me) got set up tonight. There are some sneaky people trying to make someone look bad & then play innocent on camera. Sad. ... 2b honest. I'm tired of the BS &shitty low life people.I didn't know this was what I signed up 4.I have 2rise above&move on."


She continued: "I can't be part of the Charade anymore. It's unsettling. It's disturbing & against what I stand for. I'm a REAL housewife."


She also accused fellow participants of hypocrisy: "There is no real love there. Things aren't always what they seem. SOME people live a different life OFF camera then they do on. ( ahem) ... You'll all see through the bullshit if you look closely enough. I think you all are pretty smart."
Personally I'm not buying Jacqueline's "public" reason for quitting RHONJ (just like I didn't Dina's). Jacqueline has a mercurial personality and an often-quick temper. I don't think she's taken kindly to all the negative reaction her wayward daughter Ashley has received from fans and I also think there's a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff going on with her, Teresa, Dina Mazno (who happens to be Teresa's BFF and of course is also husband Chris Laurita's sister) and possibly even Caroline, although Teresa could be the main culprit as far as Jacqueline's exit goes as who wouldn't get tired of her and her boor of a husband's constant drama?

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I think it's a build up of everything and this was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. I respect her a lot for walking away. I love the housewives, but I agree that a major aspect of their personal lives should be kept at bay, and Bravo is certainly not a network that honors their privacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only thing I'll miss about her are those big fat boobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can see her twitter feed to check out how severely she is calling out Teresa! she calls her scum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you dont quit the show i like you and your famly i know you are more fun to wacth

    ReplyDelete