Saturday, October 2, 2010

Michaele Salahi's Famed White House Dress Sells At Auction For $7,000


RadarOnline.com:
Alleged White House gatecrasher Michaele Salahi auctioned off her famous red sari, RadarOnline.com has learned.


The Real Housewives of DC star placed the sari with The Potomack Company who sold it Saturday morning for $7,000.


The Potomack catalogue had estimated that the dress would go in the $2,000 to $3,000 range but bidding was fierce from the standing room only crowd.


The dress was purchased by James Packard-Gomez, co-owner of the Erwin Gomez Salon & Spa, where the Salahis primped prior to their White House escapade. He says he has "big plans" for his acquisition but does not intend to display it in the salon.


Michaele Salahi had said that the majority of the proceeds from the sale would go to two charities.

2 comments:

  1. I am James Packard-Gomez I am proud to have won the magical dress of the evening in question not only did I win a beautiful gown but I helped two causes that are close to my heart. My biological birth mother and her sister suffer from MS. And I also went to Haiti within two weeks of the quake for 5 days to help out with the children on the ground. Thanks James Packard-Gomez

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend and I attened the morning auction and so wish I could have won the dress. The auction was exciting and all of us couldn't wait to hear who the mystery caller who was on the phone. The audience was still to hear. Congratulations James Packard-Gomez on the dress and all the good you do with it.

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete