Monday, August 28, 2017

Meghan Edmonds Talks 'Drama Ahead' on 'Real Housewives of Orange County'


HuffPo.com:
Meghan King Edmonds is in many ways an underrated “Real Housewife “in the Bravo franchise. Part of the cast of Real Housewives of Orange County (RHOC) she reportedly almost didn’t become a main cast member this season since she spends significant time away from the OC. Thankfully, however, she is back and I’m glad. She’s an outspoken woman unafraid to verbalize her concerns and address the elephants in the room. What viewers don’t see on TV is how she is also an ardent feminist and passionate about social justice issues. On RHOC, she was the one that famously got to the bottom of Brooks Ayer’s cancer claim, exposing Vicki Gunvalson’s (now former) boyfriend for the fraud he was. 
Unlike prior seasons, the drama on RHOC - which is really the “magic” of any Housewives show - has been notably stilted so far in Season 12. It seems that the ladies filmed separately and there’s chemistry lacking between cast members. New addition Peggy Sulahian, who has been in the U.S. since she was a year old and was an English major in college (according to her daughters), seems to be either word-challenged or putting on an act, while insane accusations fuel the blogs and social media. 
The Internet fodder is more fiery than the dynamics between the ladies on TV, so I had to ask Meghan: What in the hell is up with that? I instantly felt like she was a friend I could commiserate with because she understood my sentiment that the ladies generally weren’t “bringing it” this season. As you’ll read in our discussion below, she did assure me that there is major drama up ahead when the cast takes their annual trip - this time to Iceland. 
I listened to your recent interview with comedian Kate Casey on her podcast Reality Life. I agree with Kate: I understood the sadness you felt when you discovered you weren’t carrying both of the embryos you had implanted. I feel bad that you got criticism for that, but I’m happy you were able to have your daughter Aspen.
Thank you. I’m obviously so thankful and appreciative and I adore my daughter and love her more than anything, but at the time and especially in that moment you saw on TV, it was a loss. I felt it and there were emotions hitting me. I wasn’t expecting the negative viewer reaction to that.
What’s really bizarre and interesting about this season of RHOC is that there seems to be little drama onscreen as compared to whats on the blogs and on social media.
I know, right?! it’s so weird. I don’t understand that! I feel like people are taking the blogs really seriously this year. It hasn’t really happened like this before.
It feels like everyone filmed separately and I’m not seeing as many of the dynamics between the ladies as compared to last season.
That’ what Kate Casey said too. I feel like it’s not that way. The executive producer said to me that she really wishes we could film more individual stuff because she felt like there was so much happening within each of the ladies lives, and she wishes she could film more private things.
Who of your cast mates do you see when you’re not filming?
I’m good friends with Tamra Judge and Shannon Beador. I was also close with Kelly Dodd and we would talk and hang out now and then. It’s hard currently because Jimmy and I summer in Idaho and it’s this kind of escape like an adult summer camp. We sort of disappear there and then will come back to Orange County, then hop around to Saint Louis until baseball season ends in October...The life that I live is so unrelatable, my friends (off of the show) can’t even understand it. I see the ladies when I’m in town, but traveling is so non-stop for me that I don’t even get to see my family.
RELATED:  How Meghan King Edmonds' Husband Rescued Her From a Nightmare Travel Day

No comments:

Post a Comment