Monday, August 28, 2017

D’Andra Simmons: “I’m The Kind Of Housewife That If I Don’t Like Something, I Am Going To Tell You”!


HuffPo.com:
If there was every anyone that was born to be one of “The Real Housewives of Dallas” it’s D’Andra Simmons. With an extensive charity background and a Dallas pedigree, Simmons is giving the ladies of Dallas something to talk about indeed! I got a chance to have a talk with D’Andra about her new role in life as a “Real Housewife”, what her mother Dee thinks about being the mom of a “Housewife” (hint-she loves it!) and what we may be able to expect from the newest gal to hit the newest Housewives franchise. 
You have hit “The Real Housewives of Dallas” this year and after only a couple of episodes you are fast becoming a fan favorite. Many people, particularly in Dallas circles, thought you would be one of the first ladies in the cast last year. The reason I didn’t come on board initially is that they were working on it being patterned after a different show, and then it became a “Housewives” show. If you ask me, there should have been a “Housewives” in Dallas a long time ago, Dallas is the perfect place for a show like that! By the time I found out about the show, I wanted to see what it would be like, how the girls would interact, and just see how it went. I also had to think about what was going on in my life and I was also chairing a bunch of big events and I had been doing that since 2004 straight on. In regards to being respectful to the people that were counting on me, I had to be sure that the timing was going to be perfect in terms of doing something that I had not been doing before. 
I think that you and Kameron both are a perfect fit for the cast. Did you watch last year or did you only get to catch glimpses of the ladies here and there? I did watch, because LeeAnne (Locken) is my friend and Carey (Deuber) and I have known each other for years. I did watch and I was curious as to what would happen after I decided I was not going to be a part of it. I am also a fan of “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” because I think it is very similar, with Lisa Vanderpump for example, being very similar to other business woman. I also am a fan of “New York” and have watched those franchises, and I am also getting into “Orange County” now a little bit than I had been before. 

Is being an official “Housewife” what you thought it would be and more? Well it is a little bit. I think one thing that is interesting to me is the power of a Housewife, I did not realize that. It shocks me how many people love the Housewives. The whole power of a “Bravolebrity” is not something I was familiar with. There are so many people who are excited. I was not really as involved with Twitter until the last four months maybe, and there are so many people that are excited, I mean they are just fanatics! You do have the people that hate on you for one reason or another too, Maybe you put your pants on wrong or don’t have the right nail polish, they are going to find a reason to not like you. That is the hard part for me, I’m a sensitive little girl sometimes, people just seem to find a reason not to like you. I’m just going to kind of not take it personally. 
RELATED:  D’Andra: I Have a Hard Time Believing Stephanie Is Clueless to her Issues with Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment