Thursday, June 14, 2018

Carole Radziwill On Why She Joined 'Real Housewives of New York City'


Bravo.com:

Carole Radziwill is aware that she can seem like one of the most serious of all the ladies on The Real Housewives of New York City.

"I’m a very rational person — it’s the way my brain thinks, by nature and training. I’m a journalist," she explained in an interview with Refinery29. Despite this perception, she admitted that she joined the show in an effort to become more lighthearted.

“My young life was filled with very serious endeavors," she said. "I was very intense in my 20s and 30s, and I just thought, When I’m 80 and look back at my life, if this [RHONY] is the silliest thing I’ve ever done, I’m totally okay with that. The show balances that out. I don’t think I could do it if I didn’t have that foundation.”

However, Carole decided at the beginning that she wouldn't try to create a new persona.

“I knew who I was," she said. "I wasn’t prepared to pretend to be anything I wasn’t. In fact, I downplayed a lot of my background and my career. At that time, I felt good about myself, and I thought, I’ll show that to the world a little bit and it’ll be fine.”

Carole also made a point to avoid the pitfalls of reality television.

“There’s a lot of faux indignation on those shows, like women are morbidly wounded for not being invited to a brunch," she revealed. "I don’t play into it.”
RELATED:  ‘RHONY’ Star Carole Radziwill Doesn’t Feel Bad For Trashing Bethenny Frankel – It’s Her Job!

No comments:

Post a Comment