Thursday, October 19, 2017

NeNe Leakes Addresses Heckling Incident, Admits Having Breakdown


BuddyTV.com:
The Real Housewives of Atlanta hasn't even started yet but NeNe Leakes is already under fire for many things these days. Besides clashing with co-star Kim Zolciak after she threw racist accusations against Kim's daughter Brielle on Instagram over a cockroach controversy, the Bravo star is dealing with the aftermath of the heckling incident at her recent stand-up comedy show, in which she told a heckler that she hoped she got raped by her Uber driver on the way home. 

While NeNe has since apologized on Facebook about what she said on stage in Oakland, the 49-year-old reality star has reportedly been dropped from the The Great Xscape Tour as a result of her controversial comment. Now there are even rumors and speculations that her co-stars on The Real Housewives of Atlanta are refusing to film with her.

In the wake of the controversy, NeNe has addressed the issue once again-- thanking her fans for the support while revealing she had a tough time dealing with the backlash.

"A lot of people know me as NeNe who's laughing and talking, a lot of don't know me as NeNe who would break down. I actually had a real breakdown," Leakes said on Instagram Live. "Trust and believe, I'm so okay, I'm in a great place today. I can't say I haven't been in a great place these last few days. I'm so okay with everything, I just haven't talked a lot or spoken out a lot."

"Yesterday I got a little bit emotional. I have never said anything that the heckler said to me. All the girls on the tour with me know what happened," the mother of two said. "I plan on not letting anyone take my joy. I created my own show because I wanted to get out and express some of the things that I have inside of me."

"I don't consider myself a comedian, I always say that. I've said that since the day I first started. I just consider myself a s-t talker, a funny lady. I never imagined ever, ever, ever stepping on stage and somebody screaming out 'Go kill yourself' to me. It literally took me somewhere else, I apologize. I've let that go," she concluded.
RELATED: NeNe’s Nightmare! Leakes Losing ‘Fashion Police Job’

No comments:

Post a Comment