Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Emily Simpson Joined ‘Real Housewives of Orange County’ During a ‘Midlife Crisis’


PageSix.com:
Emily Simpson decided to join “The Real Housewives of Orange County” during her “midlife crisis” — and got her contract on her birthday.

“I feel like it was an opportunity that came kind of at the right time in my life,” Simpson told Page Six on Monday. “When you’re in those 40s, you have the midlife crisis and you’re kind of like, ‘Sure, I’ll do that!’ So that’s what it was. Midlife crisis!

“It was actually a really long audition process. I don’t know if people know that, but you actually go through several auditions and you know, I took the whole audition process with a grain of salt. Like I was just like, ‘Whatever. I have so many other things going on in my life.’ I was just like, ‘You know what? Whatever, I’ll do it.’ But I kept getting farther and farther and farther and I’ll tell you my husband kept getting more nervous, and more nervous and more nervous because he was like ‘Ah, I don’t know about this! I don’t know if I want anything to do with this!’”

“I was actually offered the job, like the contract on my birthday,” she added. “So it was January 18th. I remember that specifically. It was my birthday and that’s when they called and said, ‘Do you want to be a ‘Housewife?’ And I was like ‘Yes! What did I just sign up for? But I’m going to do it!’ It was really exciting. I’ll never forget the day. What can someone call and tell me on my birthday next year that would be better than that?”

But, Simpson, 42, quickly learned that filming with four other girls wasn’t going to be as pleasant. While she struck up a bond with fellow newbie Gina Kirschenheiter, she didn’t get so lucky with veteran Shannon Beador.

“Everyone knows how Shannon is with new people,” Simpson told us. “Shannon doesn’t really like new people. But I really feel like if Shannon would let me get to know her and her get to know me, we’d be best friends. We would hang out and have slumber parties and stuff, but she has to break that wall down. Let me in!
RELATED:  Inside ‘RHOC’ newbie Emily Simpson’s family dynamic

No comments:

Post a Comment